Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

What Is Android Accelerometer’s Min And Max Range?

I would like to know the minimum and maximum range of the accelerometer in Android. I need it for x,y,z. What are the exact values of it?

Solution 1:

There is no "exact values" in general -- it will vary by device. The Sensor class has getMaximumRange(). Since acceleration can be positive or negative, I would assume you can safely multiply that value by -1 to get the minimum value.

Solution 2:

It measures a physical magnitude! I don't really know if there is some practical limit introduced by the hardware-device, but I don't think you're gonna be that fast... Since its a vectorial magnitude, the sign means the sense of your movement.

PD: I'm assuming you mean Sensor.TYPE_ACCELEROMETER events values.

Post a Comment for "What Is Android Accelerometer’s Min And Max Range?"